Lawyers and their staff, who have access to the ZTGH firm's private arbitration decisions respecting 'Loss Transfer and Priority Disputes' can read the text of Fred's cases by clicking on the link and inputting his name.
Here is a very brief outline of the various case issues Fred has dealt with.
- June 7, 2019 Loss Transfer: Statutory interpretation of SABS section 59 out-of-province coverage and reimbursement. Appeal pending.
- April 16, 2019 Priority: A reimbursement claim in a priority dispute involving negligence/file mishandling.
- February 23, 2019 Priority: An interesting assessment of costs.
- December 17, 2018 Priority: The motor vehicle policy was not properly cancelled.
- July 17, 2018 Loss Transfer: Question of gross negligence in a lump sum settlement.
- July 12, 2017 Priority: A determination complicated by the lapse since the 1998 accident.
- April 19, 2017 Priority: Whether a student residing away from home was dependent on a parent.
- March 29, 2017 Priority: Did the "accident" cause the insured's injury from which the priority dispute arose.
- January 3, 2016 Priority: A claim to rescind an insurer's agreement to accept priority based on misrepresentation.
Fred's numerous arbitration decisions from 1993 through 2013 at the Financial Services Commission of Ontario are no longer available through a public website. His FSCO decisions are cited approvingly by both courts and other arbitrators.